(Recipe from Su Jen Buchheim, CA)
Green Breeze Pound CakeIngredients:
- 5 packets of Green Breeze (5g = 2 1/2tsp)
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 drop of vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Butter a 9x 4x 2 1/2 inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with buttered wax paper.
- Dust the pan with a little bit of flour and shake out excess flour. If you wish you can sprinkle sliced almonds over the bottom until it is covered.
- With an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla.
- Dissolve one pack of Green Breeze in the water and mix into the batter.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, the remaining Green Breeze and the salt in a separate bowl. Add to the batter by folding gently until just incorporated (do not overmix).
- Spread the batter into the pan and bake for about 40 min. or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- When the cake is done let it cool on a wire rack.
(Recipe from Kenneth Murayama, CA)
Green Breeze Rice Crispy TreatsIngredients:
- 2 packets Green Breeze (2g = 1tsp)
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 cups marshmallows
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- In a medium saucepan melt butter. Add marshmallows in saucepan over low heat until melted.
- Add Green Breeze and stir well.
- Mix in crispy rice cereal, stir until well coated.
- Pour mixture into a greased pan (about 10 sq. in.). Press it evenly using wax paper.
- Let cool, then cut into squares and serve!
Send Us Your Recipes!
Do you have a great recipe using Takaokaya Products? Share your ideas with others here. Please send us your recipes by email. If we put them on our web site, we'll send you a free gift!